Vision, Mission and Objectives
The Third Sector National Learning Alliance (TSNLA) is a growing, national alliance of voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises involved in learning and skills. We aim to provide a coherent national ‘voice’ from and for Third Sector learning providers to government departments and other important policy and funding bodies. We also aim to provide a forum for developing Third Sector ideas and proposals, with the key aim of enabling those most disadvantaged to re-engage with learning and skills.
Our vision is for all adults and young people to have the learning opportunities they want and need in order to realise their potential.
Our Mission is to represent the views of members to influence policy and address issues that impact on the skills, prosperity and well-being of learners.
- Represent and champion Third Sector learning providers
- Inform and maintain effective communication with Third Sector learning providers
- Influence and respond to relevant policy and developments
- Foster partnerships and co-operation with key bodies and networks in the interests of Third Sector learning providers
- Support Third Sector learning providers to influence and inform understanding of the Third Sector at local, regional and national level
- Support providers to access the information, funding and resources they need to provide high quality accessible learning and skills provision which tackles economic and social disadvantage
- Review and enhance the TSNLA’s capability to deliver its objectives
TSNLA will do this through:
- Maintaining effective communication with members, decision makers, and key bodies and networks
- Acting as a source of advocacy, ideas, responses and evidence for Third Sector learning providers
- Sharing, promoting and showcasing lessons from practice and successes amongst Third Sector learning providers