Professional Exchange Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We are delighted to announce that the TSNLA has won one of five contracts to develop a Professional Exchange funded by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF). The project will take place from now until the 31 July 2017 – and hopefully beyond this.
The Exchange is in partnership with Enable in the East Midlands, V learning Net and ODILS (Open Doors International Language School) in the South West and London Learning Consortium and ELATT Connected Learning in the London and South East.
Based on key elements such as exchange of experience and knowledge, a 'bottom-up' approach to identifying Continuing Professional Development needs, the integration of the Professional Standards and extended reach through participant sharing the Exchange will build around one national and three regional professional networks and deliver free at the point of delivery face to face CPD sessions having identified needs through pre-participating self assessment questionnaires
The Exchange is based on key elements including:
- Creating a CPD Champion role within each of the regional partners
- An exchange of experience and knowledge – drawing on practitioners own experience and skills
- A 'bottom-up' approach to identifying Continuing Professional Development needs – as well as drawing on local knowledge, national policy and the work of the OTLA projects (Outstanding Teaching, Learning and Assessment) and the Regional Specialist Leads in English and Maths
- The integration of the ETF Professional Standards
- Extended reach through participant sharing – with an active role for participants to cascade the learning to colleagues, teams and networks
- Demonstrating how CPD learning is put into practice to the benefit of learners
One of the key features of the programme will be in calling on participants to share their own knowledge and expertise (hence the exchange) both through initial CPD delivery and by sharing the content afterwards with at least two other colleagues.
If you would like to register interest or find out more about this CPD project, please contact John Harris at the TSNLA